METODOLOGIA CLINICA APPLICATA AGLI STUDI DI RICERCAModule Clinical Trials in Clinical Pathology
Academic Year 2023/2024 - Teacher: STEFANIA STELLA
Expected Learning Outcomes
The course develops skills in the Clinical Pathology applied to clinical and preclinical research studies. The student will be able to learn the biomarkers used in clinical oncology and hematology and to evaluate and interpret the laboratory tests used to study of the main diseases of the blood. the student will learn to read and interpret a scientific article.
Should teaching be carried out in mixed mode or remotely, it may be necessary to introduce changes with respect to previous statements, in line with the programme planned and outlined in the syllabus.
Attendance of Lessons
Detailed Course Content
The course is organized into theoretical lessons combined with exercises aimed to interpreter the results of different types of laboratory test.
- Biomarkers used in clinical and oncological pathology;
- Interpret laboratory tests used in the study of the main blood diseases;
- Clinical and Preclinical Studies "Clinical Trials";
- Fecal occult blood test and related pathologies;
- Practice on studying clinical trial articles
1. Antonozzi I. Medicina di Laboratorio. Piccin
2. Balestrieri et al. Diagnostica Molecolare nella Medicina di Laboratorio. Piccin
3. Federici G. Medicina di Laboratorio. Mc Graw-Hill Companies
4. PDF flyers
|Introductory lesson to Clinical Pathology study
|Blood count test
|Fecal occult blood test
Learning Assessment Procedures
Test of learning can also be carried out electronically, should the conditions require it.
Examples of frequently asked questions and / or exercises
What are tumor biomarkers?
Fecal occult blood test